Assuming you’re on the go, and you want to get some work done on an important spreadsheet. With Office 365, you’re all set to work on your file from wherever you are, using your smartphone. Watch the video to see how this works on an Android phone.
I’m riding the bus, on my way to work, and I need to update some numbers on my budget spreadsheet.
I open Excel on my Android phone, and sign in.
Right here under Recent, I see my spreadsheet. I’ll tap that to open it.
Here’s my file, ready for me to start editing.
This upcoming event that we’re budgeting for will be a lunch event, so I’ll update that information now.
Looks like we’re going to have about 250 attendees at our event, so I’ll enter that number now.
I also got an estimate from our caterer that lunch will cost about $20 per person, so I’ll get that amount in as well.
Well, my bus is about to pull in at work, so I’m going to stop here. I’ll click Save, then close the file.
You can also try it
The following procedure describes how to perform this task on an Android phone.
To edit a spreadsheet using Excel on an Android phone
- On your Android phone, open Excel.
- If this is your first time using the app, sign in to Office 365 for business using your work or school account.
- In Excel, under Recent, choose a file that you’ve worked on recently.
- To edit the contents of a cell, tap to select it, and then type what you want in the cell. Select the green checkmark to save your entry.
- When you’re done editing, save and close the file.