With your files saved to OneDrive for Business, you can create files and folders to manage your work.
Create files and folders in OneDrive for Business, so you can get to them from anywhere.
To create a file, select New, choose the type of file you want., and just click Document on the title bar to rename the file.
All of your changes are automatically saved in the Office online apps.
So when you go back to the file list, the new document is already saved.
You can also create a file in OneDrive from a desktop app like, Word or Excel.
In the app, just select Save As and save it to your work or school OneDrive.
Creating folders helps you organize your work.
From the New menu, select Folder, type a name for your folder, and click Create.
Then select the files you want and drag them into the folder.
With your files and folders in OneDrive for Business, you can get to them from anywhere.
Create a file in OneDrive
- Select New and choose the type of file you want, like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- To rename the file, click the title of the file in the title bar, for example Document, and then type a name. All changes are automatically saved in the Office online apps, so when you go back to OneDrive, your new document is already saved.
Create a file in an Office desktop app
- Open a desktop app, like a Word document, Excel workbook, or PowerPoint presentation.
- Select File > Save As.
- For the location, select your OneDrive for Business account.
- Type a name for the file.
- Select Save.
- Select New > Folder.
- Type a name for the folder.
- Select Create.
Select the files you want and drag them into the folder.