With Excel Online, you can edit an Excel spreadsheet alongside your teammates. Watch the video to see how this works in the browser on a computer.
IMPORTANT: In order for multiple people to co-edit a spreadsheet, everyone must be using Excel Online. If anyone opens the spreadsheet in Excel installed on a device, only that person will be able to edit the file until it’s saved and closed.
My team has been working on an event budget and we need to finish it up.
The spreadsheet is saved to the cloud, in my OneDrive for Business library, and I’ve shared it with my teammates.
Looks like Katie and Tony are already getting to work. We’ll get this done in no time!
My team uses lots of different types of devices—Katie’s on her iPad, and Tony does everything on his Android tablet.
But we can all work together using Excel Online.
OK, the spreadsheet is just about done!
Everyone’s changes are being saved automatically, so the budget’s good to go.
The following procedure describes how to perform this task using Excel Online in a web browser on a computer.
To edit a spreadsheet using Excel Online
- Using the web browser on your device, go to http://portal.office.com and sign in using your work or school account.
- Do one of the following:
- If the file you want to edit is yours, from either your home screen or the app launcher, choose OneDrive, and then select an Excel spreadsheet to open it in your browser window.
- If someone shared a spreadsheet with you and you want to edit that file, choose OneDrive, and then choose Shared with me. Then select an Excel spreadsheet to open it in your browser window.
3. On the Edit Workbook menu, choose Edit in Excel Online.
4. To edit the contents of a cell, tap to select that cell, and then type your entry. Then press Enter.
TIP: When you edit a spreadsheet in Excel Online, your changes are saved automatically.